One of the most widely spread questions among people who have their houses is “How to get rid of termites”. The problem of termite infestation is common for owners all over the world. It is possible to find different types of termite treatment. Actually all the answers to the question “How to get rid of termites” may be divided into two parts. The first one will include do-it-yourself treatment. It is rather easy to find a guide and try to kill pests without anybody’s help. The second group of answers is connected with the help of the specialist. To my modest point of view it is better to leave getting rid of termites for professional worker. They are able to inspect the insects, they have necessary equipment, knowledge and experience. Of course in this case you will have to spend some amount of money which is possible to save (at least partly) if you decide to use do-it-yourself products. But how often you refuse from a consultation of a good specialist (for example, doctor) with the aim to save a bit of money but with the risk not to cope with the problem, especially if it is connected with your life and health? The same is with your home, it also requires a proper investigation and further treatment. But if you feel as you are the greatest termite killer and decide to do everything only by yourself you should find and learn all possible information about this problem. First of all you have to find out what type of termites you have. Actually the greatest part (almost 90%) of accidents is connected with subterranean termites. The other cases (about 10%) of invading the house by insects are connected with drywood termites, also may be called dampwood termites. The next step you should be ready for is leaning how to kill termites with the help of insecticides and special foams. Here you will find some tips how to get rid of termites if you have a strong desire to do it yourself. After the theoretical base of knowledge you should move to practical part. First of all is it necessary to find the source of infestation. For this purpose you have to investigate your home very thoroughly, taking into the consideration the smallest cracks and holes. It is very important to find the nest of these insects. Destroying the nest – main home of pests – leads to the killing of the whole family which lives next to you. The next step in your battle with pests is using termite insecticides for reducing infestations. You should identify the type of termites which live next to you and cause damages to your house. After this it is necessary to choose the most appropriate product and be sure that you know how to use it correctly. The third and the last step is making certain decisions how to protect your home in the future.
If you see that the infestation is very bad and you do not know how to get rid of termites the best way out is to ask for a help of a specialist. A professional termite exterminator will kill all the termites for sure. Of course it is more expensive but the result speaks for itself.
Among other termite killers it is possible to list the next items: liquid pesticides, tenting and fumigation.